Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 13, 2009

Info Post
For those who are still actually looking at this blog from time to time (boy has my readership tanked), just letting you know I'm still alive. I saw a mind-scarring movie today (Gamer) and almost have the post for it finished. Also, if you've taken a peek at my Shelfari widget, you might have noticed that I am reading a Western. Yes, that's right, paranormal romance and manga-loving me is reading a Western. Coming up with read-alikes for that one should be a brain buster.

The school year started maybe a month ago. I figured that, being a cataloger, this wouldn't affect me nearly as much as if I were a reference or instruction librarian. Turns out I've been wrong about that. Since I've got a conference and actual vacation time coming up next month, I've got to try to get a little ahead, but things haven't been going so well. I blame our ILS (integrated library system, for those of you unfamiliar with library acronyms). It sucks up all my time and causes me to sweat bullets as I try to advise our Systems Librarian in ways that will make our catalog better without breaking it first. ::shudder::

0 comments:

Post a Comment