Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, March 17, 2011

Info Post
I'm so excited - someone is letting me borrow their Nook!  I've only used it a little so far. I had forgotten how bad its responsiveness is (although possibly this Nook is an older version than what's being sold now? Are there older versions of the Nook, beyond one being Wi-fi, one 4G, and one color?).

I downloaded a couple PDFs to see how those would look. I had thought that pictures in a PDF would just be changed to grayscale once on the Nook - but ohhh no, instead they were stripped out and the formatting of the document was extremely wonky, almost unreadable in areas. The other PDF I downloaded had no pictures. The formatting was also a bit off on this one, but the result was much more readable.

My plan is to try some Project Gutenberg books and some of the free books the person I'm borrowing this from already has on there. This will also give me a chance to see how I feel about it after reading on it for a while. And, yes, I have already said many thanks to the person who's letting me borrow it - I thought it was very nifty of her to offer to let me do this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment