Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Info Post
I mentioned my Butter Pie adventure to a coworker, who said, "Is that something like Chess Pie?" I had no idea what she was talking about, so I looked up some Chess Pie recipes (apparently it's a Southern thing).

Guh.

One recipe's ingredients: 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 tbsp. of cornmeal, 1 tbsp. of vinegar, 3 3/4 sticks of butter, and a bit of vanilla. Another variation includes a few extra ingredients, omits a few others, has 2 cups of sugar, 4 eggs, and, mercifully, only 1/4 cup butter. Whatever recipe you choose, it looks like you'll either die of a massive butter overdose or a massive sugar overdose. Maybe both.

So, who out there has had Chess Pie before? What did you think of it? Am I being a wimp about the butter and sugar?

0 comments:

Post a Comment